Data Privacy Notice
This privacy notice explains in detail the types of personal data I may collect about you when you interact with me. It also explains how I’ll store and handle that data, and keep it safe.
Michael Shilling Entertainments is a sole trader business providing entertainment services. It is not a limited company.
The law on data protection, based on the General Data Protection Regulation and formerly the Data Protection Act, sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data.
I need your personal data to comply with my contractual obligations. If you have booked me to provide a performance or my entertainment services then I will need your contact details.
When do I collect personal data?
• When you visit my website to make an enquiry or booking.
• When you engage with me on social media.
• When you contact me by any means to make enquiries.
• When you comment on or review my product and services.
What sort of personal data do I collect?
• For a booking or enquiry: your name and the name of other guests at the event as necessary (for example a birthday child and their age and gender), event address, email, telephone and mobile numbers.
• Details of your interactions with me through my website, email and social media.
• Your comments and reviews.
• Your social media username, if you interact with me through those channels, to help me respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
Here’s how I’ll use your personal data and why:
• To perform any contract I’ve agreed with you. If I don’t collect your personal data during this process, I won’t be able to provide the required services and comply with my legal obligations.
• To respond to your queries or complaints. Handling the information you sent enables me to respond. I may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with me and to demonstrate how I communicated with you throughout. I do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, my legal obligations and my legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how I can improve my service based on your experience.
How I protect your personal data
I know how much data security matters to all my clients. With this in mind I will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it. My computer and mobile devices are all password protected.
I regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and constantly review my security.
How long will I keep your personal data?
Whenever I collect or process your personal data, I’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that retention period, your data will be deleted completely.
Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) requires me to keep records of contracts, payments and invoices for 7 years. I will therefore normally hold information of any contracts for this long in an anonymised format.
I do not share personal data with any third party.
I do not engage in any form of direct marketing.
you can request to change how I use your data, amend or delete it at anytime. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Remember, if you choose not to share your personal data with me, or refuse certain contact permissions, I might not be able to provide some services you’ve asked for.